Conference on Measurement and Accountability for Universal Health Care Coverage in the Asia Pacific


Click here for conference

presentations and materials


AeHIN Meeting and #MA4HealthAP Workshop Objectives

  • Review current evidence on cost, benefit and impact of ICT-enabled solutions in health systems from person-based applications for service delivery to better measurement and accountability of health, and faster progress towards UHC and SDGs
  • Initiate development of an M&E systems investment plan by operationalizing the Country Roadmap for Health Measurement and Accountability in accordance with the MA4Health 5-Point Call to Action and iCTen! recommendation
  • Share, learn, and prepare to implement capacity building strategies, standardized processes, tools and techniques, and ready-to-use IT solutions towards achieving UHC
  • Endorse the AeHIN Regional Enterprise Architecture Council for Health (REACH) and Community of Interoperability Labs (COIL)
Profile of Participants

Over 250 representatives from 20+ countries in Asia and the Pacific and development partners consisting of:

  • Key government officials involved in planning, financing or regulating social health
  • protection (Health, Social Welfare, Finance, Planning, ICT Ministries)
  • Social Health Insurance Agencies
  • Academic institutions (health informatics, health financing)
  • Multilateral technical agencies and donors


Major Conference Outcomes

  • AeHIN formal response to the MA4Health Call to Action to support transitioning from MDGs to SDGs and national UHC agendas
  • Country commitments made towards strengthening M&E systems, HIS, CRVS, and e-Health in line with the iCTen, Call to Action, and Country Roadmap for Measurement  & Accountability
  • Launch of REACH, COIL, and AeHIN GIS lab
  • Initiation of e-Health evaluation, RHIS, and DHIS2 focus groups
  • Identification of HIS/e-Health capacity building priorities for AeHIN and partners to support in 2016
  • AeHIN MoUs with other networks, PHIN  (Pacific) and ANDH (Africa)
  • 87% of participants rated the conference ‘excellent’ or ‘very good’ and the remaining 13% rated it ‘good’

2-Page Summary

 

Conference Proceedings

Grab a copy of the 5th AeHIN General Meeting Conference Proceedings today. Click the photo to download. To view liveform, click here.

Conference Presentations

Conference Images

View the albums by clicking the following links:

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3